Regional Medical Director Supportive Care
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Role basics: Clinical/Administrative ratio: 33-66% Clinical, 33-66% Administrative/Leadership
- Scope of Leadership: 3 or more clinics (or market/city-wide scope); Manages 2+ Lead MDs
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and maintain collegial relationships with physicians (employed and contracted), subspecialists and market leadership in order to support the business efforts of the organization. Ensures clinical and enterprise communication is disseminated to their healthcare providers in the clinic, region, market in the spirit of transparency across all aspects of our business.
- Meets with every market dyad monthly to discuss challenges and support needed and to give feedback.
- Meets with every lead MD 1:1 monthly to discuss challenges and support needed and provide direction for physician leadership and development.
- Implement market specific initiatives and ensures that processes and procedures are aligned with the business model. Drives improvement of quality indicators in assigned market by identifying, directing, and executing continuous quality improvement activities or processes.
- Perform annual evaluations of the Associate Medical Director(s), Lead Physician(s), and other providers as directed, Participates in mentoring and leadership development
- Participates in Committees, as needed.
- Collaboration with marketing and broker to community to represent the value of the WellMed Supportive Care Program to the community
- Collaborates with Market Operations and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
- Assist in successful onboarding newly acquired practices.
- Partnering with the Clinical Affordability team to support new innovative approaches to making healthcare more efficient and meaningful to PCPs and patients alike; ultimately bending the cost curve in region
- Developing and cascading clinical outcome/improvement messaging to business units to foster tighter working culture Helping set agendas/strategies and leading multifaceted teams of Physician Business Managers, Program administrators and supervisors, RNs and APCs.
- Assist in the identification and development of current/new best practices in support of continuous financial and quality improvement
- Serve as an integral dyad partner interfacing with Corporate level support divisions, to include: Quality, Risk Adjustment, Cost and Care
- Meet monthly with regional leadership to keep them abreast of Supportive Care issues and support needed.
- Help determine WIGs and keep markets accountable to their WIGs and their outcome metrics.
- Market visits and ride-alongs quarterly with regular updates to SVP and Chief of Supportive Care regarding any issues identified.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Eight or more years of clinical practice experience
- Current board cert from ABMS or ABOS specialty board in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable states or ability to obtain license rapidly,
- Valid DEA required
- Five or more years proven experience leading/managing providers and/or teams.
- Recommended experience in Palliative Care and Hospice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.