Associate Medical Director | Hybrid Position | Beaver Medical Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Medical Director (AMD), under the direction of the VP of Medical Administration, is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day operations of the Quality Management Department (QM), Utilization Management Department (UM), Ambulatory Care Management Department (ACM), and Health Education Department. The AMD’s duties also include, but are not limited to, responsibility for diplomatically ensuring that the activities of the Medical Group’s/IPA’s (MG/IPA) physicians and all ancillary staff meet expectations with respect to customer service, clinical performance, quality metrics, utilization metrics, documentation requirements, professionalism, service standards, regulatory requirements and accreditation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitates the day-to-day operations of the Quality Management Department (QM), Utilization Management Department (UM), Ambulatory Care Management Department (ACM), and Health Education Department. This work includes, but is not limited to:
- member case review
- analyses of workflows and productivity or performance reports
- development and implementation of corrective action or process improvement plans
- assisting in the development of relevant policies, procedures and work aids
- educating and training client MG/IPA medical directors, clinicians and staff
- participation in UM Committees, Quality Improvement Committees, and other relevant committees
- overseeing and/or leading intra- or inter-departmental projects
- Diplomatically ensures that the activities of the Medical Group’s/IPA’s (MG/IPA) physicians and all ancillary staff meet expectations in areas including, but not limited to:
- customer service
- clinical performance
- quality metrics
- utilization metrics
- documentation requirements
- service standards
- regulatory requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO degree
- Active, unrestricted California Medical License and Board Certification in an ABMS recognized Specialty
- 5+ years leadership experience
- 5+ years management experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's degree
- Experience in Medicare Advantage risk adjustment programs
- Experience leading teams to develop analytics and data analysis critical to the success of the organization
- Experience conducting root cause analysis and identifying optimum solutions
- Ability to effectively direct preparation of various financial analysis and data mining activities
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is 254,600 to $295,200. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.