Director Data Operations Lead - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Accountable: Can anticipate what needs to be done vs. being instructed and drive results for the program or project to completion
- Assertive: Must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls as needed for the project or program.
- Attitude of empowerment: Leveraging your leadership shadow, drive clarity on what is needed, remove blockers that are hindering progress, align teams to execute in partnership
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and IT and build trust amongst partners
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from team members to executives
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion at the release train level and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Instills and executes a continuous improvement mindset for yourself and the teams in which your leadership shadow reaches
- Enthusiastic: Must be impassioned and high-energy
- Facilitation: Ability to bring out the best in people by aligning multiple perspectives into a clear, executed path
- Flexible: Ability to shift to the role or tasks needed for each situational transformation. Ability to “get the job done” regardless of role definition
- Quick learner: Must be able to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains for the work the teams are engaged in
- Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from team and stakeholders and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Situational Awareness: Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise, put corrective actions in place and/or elevate them to management
- System Thinker: Must be able to analyze the entire software development environment and operating culture and bring practical solutions to improve and navigate both
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Regional Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with acquired markets, develop and oversee execution of strategies, programs and plans to onboard to Risk Adjustment and Quality programs
- Identify data operation gaps that may present at the regional market and bring them to management attention to address
- Coordinate between cross-functional areas such as technology, business, and operations teams to ensure accurate, complete, and reliable data access to all applicable downstream systems
- Manage and oversee the development of detailed project plans, including scope and objectives, time budgets, and milestones for regional data implementations
- Documents regional reporting and dashboards needs
- Serve as a subject matter expert and business partner trainer for the access and usage of data within the region
- Ensures a reliable, efficient data operations life cycle for the region in support of successful business growth and expansion
- Participate in CMS RADV Audits and internal audits as a technical SME
- National Responsibilities:
- Develop standard process improvements, scaling recommendations and guidance to support risk expansion with delegated functions
- Business partner to HealthCare Economics to leverage synergies and knowledge exchange to the benefit of the region
- Leads continuous process improvement for existing data operations and develop standard processes where they do not exist
- Develop standard and repeatable processes to support risk expansion with delegated functions
- Support Clinical Services leadership asks for data integration to support prospective and retrospective programs in the Care Management process.
- Present reporting options to Senior Executive team and explain end to end data flows
- Technical SME and Consultant for National Risk Adjustment and Quality program
- Provide program support and project management functions where needed at the national level
- Participate in CMS RADV Audits and internal audits as a technical SME
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of HealthCare Experience
- 5+ years of assessing risk, formulating strategies, and establishing priorities to achieve project results
- 3+ years of experience Data Analysis or Data Product Management
- 3+ years experience with team leadership while influencing geographically disbursed teams and building trust-based relationships with all business and IT stakeholders
- Both Agile and waterfall SDLC project management experience (1+ years of project experience in both SDLCs)
- Masters in Business Administration
- Scrum Master or APC Certification
- Product Management experience in the healthcare industry or consulting
- Solid Data Analysis and SQL skills
- Ability to influence using solid communication and fact-based reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate effectively with different types and levels of audiences, including technical teams, business stakeholders, and senior leaders
- Adaptable and flexible to adapt to changing project/program needs, processes and business priorities
- Demonstrate strong leadership presence and determination to move the projects and teams forward when faced with obstacles
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.