South Africa Sr. Specialist Medical Affairs
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a Fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
Scientific and Technical Leadership
• Communicate scientific therapy needs credibly, appropriately, and effectively across a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Build trust with the external scientific community via peer-to-peer scientific exchange, research and educational collaborations, interactions with scientific societies and health organizations, publications, etc.
• Provide therapeutic/functional training to assigned teams and affiliate functions.
• Develop and help execute country medical educational programs and symposia.
• Lead country Advisory Boards and Expert Input Forums in line with strategy.
• Participate in and contribute significantly to professional organizations, academic or regulatory working teams.
• Provide scientific inputs for digital initiatives.
Medical Strategy and Therapy Leadership
• Translate Global Medical Strategies into research, data analysis, scientific communication, educational, and other tactics and solutions that improve patient outcomes and enhance access in the country.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration between field and Medical through providing scientific and medical support to the Commercial team.
• Evaluate accuracy of promotional materials.
• Provide Medical Affairs therapeutic area support through engaging with SLs/KDMs, driving scientific initiatives and supporting the field force.
• Collect, analyze, and communicate actionable insights at the country level.
• Provide scientific inputs for digital initiatives.
• Successfully collaborate, provide scientific inputs, and lead resolution of Regulatory queries/issues.
• Support execution of and quickly adapt tactical plans to business realities in country.
• Act with ethics and integrity; Provide non-promotional, balanced, reliable and scientific information.
• Support with therapy training content for Sales team.
onstrate strategic thinking, specifically related to asset value proposition, and clinical and value evidence.
• Support creation of Medical Affairs Plans along with the TA and Country Medical Leads.
Medical Information and DPOC Process Management
• Medical information and DPOC back up
• Medical degree, PhD in health sciences, Pharm D or equivalent.
• Minimum three years Medical Science Liaison experience.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• Experience of relevant pharmaceutical industry guidelines (MA Code of Conduct), regulatory / reimbursement framework and clinical research guidelines.
• Demonstrate analytical skills and a solid understanding of research methodology.
• Ability to travel extensively (up to 40% of working week).
Clinical and/or research experience in therapeutic area of interest
Who we are…
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions.
Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
At launch, we will be more than 10,000 Founders strong, ready to rise together as we make a difference in a new way. As Founders, employees will create their future and will help shape the direction of Organon and its impact on the world. Our culture reflects our passion for those we champion. At Organon, we all belong. We embrace diversity and give it a voice.
Our commitment to supporting women is reflected in the make-up of our leadership team, which is majority female and our diversity of experience is core to who we are and what we are designed to do.
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1