Patient Access Supervisor - Concord Medical Center, Concord, CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2540 East Street, Concord, CA.
- Email Review / Research / Resolution
- Supervise Patient Access Staff with about 20 Direct Reports
- Aid in on-call Supervisor Rotation During Weekends, Holidays and Off Hours
- Staff / Department Rounding
- Develop Agenda Topics for Daily Huddles and Chair the Discussion
- Staff on Boarding - Identify Candidates / Screen / Interview / Hire / Train / Mentor During Probationary Period and Beyond
- Report and Work Queue Support
- Schedule Development and Maintenance
- Kronos Timekeeping for Staff
- Epic Support and Training for Staff
- Crucial / Progressive / Developmental Conversation Completion
- Registration Support - Registration Completion and Quality Review
- POS Collection - Collect and / or Reconciliation of Patient Payments
- Downtime Support - Weekend Graveyard Support
- Interdepartmental Collaboration
- KPI Metrics Tracking and Development
- Staff Engagement and Satisfaction
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of medical office experience
- 1+ years of management position experience
- 1+ years of outpatient registration experience
- 1+ years of healthcare scheduling experience
- Ability to work full-time between 7:30am - 4:30pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Ability to work onsite at Concord Medical Center, 2540 East Street, Concord, CA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Union supervisory experience
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they pertain to Emergency Department processes and procedures
- Extensive experience and knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- High degree of organizational skills, ability to set priorities, manage multiple demands and the ability to complete tasks under strict time lines
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, motivate, gain respect and to lead
- Demonstrated HR analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.