Director for Medical Coding - Multiple Locations
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function include those responsible for management and administration of multiple functions, or management of general business operations. May manage the P&L of a business or part of a business unit. Manage daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across one or more business units. May include day to day site operations, management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals). Project management and implementation, staff management.
Position in this function provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff. Work most often impacts a large business unit, or multiple markets/sites.
- Develops and executes strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets/sites
- Directs others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
- Utilize standard project plan templates to create and/or tailor project plans to specific customers' needs
- Analyze RFP/contract language and incorporate requirements into project plans
- Assist internal and/or external business partners with completion of tasks and resolution of issues and problems with program implementation
- Establish and/or implement internal and/or external service level agreements in order to ensure ability to monitor and measure program performance (e.g., turnaround time; quality; effectiveness)
- Identify and/or secure resources (e.g., funding; staffing; system security; real estate and/or telecommuting requirements; hardware/software) required to implement programs
- Review, create, and/or maintain workflows to ensure they are up-to-date and operationally efficient-Provide guidance, expertise, and/or assistance to internal and/or external partners (e.g., claims; call center; benefits; clinical) to ensure programs and strategies are implemented and maintained effectively
- Communicate with and help internal and/or external partners interpret contractual requirements in order to ensure effective problem solution and strategy implementation
- Provide input to internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g., sales; shared business partners; pre-service vendors; facilities) in order to drive effective business plan and sales strategy development
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- 15 years of experience and 10 years in leadership capacity
- Experience in Medical Coding or Clinical Operations
- Experience in Utilization Review, Enrollment and Billing
- Extensive experience in Payment Integrity and Clinical Operations
- Experience in managing monthly financials
- Experience in creating and delivering executive level presentations
- Experience in managing call center performance with the ability to build performance remediation plans focused on resolving the root cause issues
- Experience in negotiating contract terms and working through financial considerations/disputes with outside suppliers
- Relevant work experience in strategy, management consulting, product or general management in a health care related field
- Excellent oral and written English Communication Skills
- Strong history of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
- Ability to champion continuous change, consult with versatility, exhibit personal leadership and model a customer orientation
- Ability to effectively drive results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with a high degree of organizational change, growth and ambiguity
- Willing to be assigned in QC/McKinley/Alabang
- US Shift schedule
- Hybrid Work Set-up, willing to report onsite
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2022 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.