Sr Director, Actuarial - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve in an advisory role to clients on business strategy, operational effectiveness, and healthcare best practices
- Perform in a lead role to clients in day-to-day delivery of large-scale projects / products, which are defined as high cost, high complexity and / or high risk
- Develop proposals and statements of work for client engagements. Lead the RFI, RFP and sales process
- Assess internal data and processes to determine opportunities for application of advanced analytics for broad division-wide analytic usage
- Develop leading edge solutions and propose recommendations and strategies to solve commercial opportunities in unique ways that return optimal value to our business
- Create a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development, encourages creative solutions and strategies, and drives best-in-class professional standards
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior consultants and analysts with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Actively participate in contributing thought leadership for Optum to the market, including assistance in building consulting marketing and sales collateral
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 13+ years of Actuarial/Analytical/Data Science/Healthcare experience
- 5+ years of Project leadership/management experience
- Experience leveraging traditional and non-traditional data assets
- Experience interacting with senior management
- Experience managing and providing work direction to a team
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation
- Advanced level of proficiency using R, SAS, Azure Databricks, Python, SQL, .net
- Proficiency with Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics and Statistical Modeling
- Proficiency working with various file formats (JSON, csv, xls, delimited text files)
- Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Located in: Colorado Springs, CO, Dallas, TX, Hartford, CT, Pittsburgh, PA, Boulder, CO, Houston, TX, Nashville, TN, Tampa, FL, Eden Prairie, MN, Phoenix, AZ, St. Louis, MO
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $142,300 to $273,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.