Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Optum Park Place has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. The Medical Receptionist is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical and service goals.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Location: 2228 S. Kirkman Rd Orlando, FL 32811
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process:
- Collect or verify demographic information, including key demographic fields
- Load or update insurance information as needed
- Verify eligibility and flag appointment accordingly
- Scan insurance card(s)
- Collect co-payments and outstanding balances
- Post payments received in practice management system and provide system-generated receipts
- Acknowledge patients in PM
- Schedule appointments using approved scheduling guidelines
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians
- Monitor daily reminder call logs; conduct outreach to patients requiring appointments; contact patients who, “no show,” for follow up appointments for chronic conditions or preventive care
- Monitor administrative tasks in the EHR and respond timely
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift, assemble, and balance batch(es) according to Optum cash control procedures
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Demonstrate respect for patients and Optum staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of healthcare customer service experience
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency (including Microsoft Outlook, Teams)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Experience as a receptionist in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Office Administrative / Receptionist / Clerical experience in a medical environment
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.