Regional Float Medical Receptionist
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Regional Float Medical Receptionist to join our team. The hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am-5:00pm.
Regional Float Medical Receptionist supports the care team and its patients by greeting and checking in patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone inquiries, collecting payments and maintaining demographic information. Routinely use the practice management system (PM) and electronic health record (EHR) according to office policies and workflows.
Location: ProHealth Offices within Connecticut
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process
- Collect or verify demographic information, including key demographic fields
- Load or update insurance information as needed
- Verify eligibility and flag appointment accordingly
- Scan insurance card(s)
- Collect co-payments and outstanding balances
- Post payments received in practice management system and provide system-generated receipts
- Acknowledge patients in PM
- Schedule appointments using approved scheduling guidelines
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians
- Monitor daily reminder call logs; conduct outreach to patients requiring appointments; contact patients who, “no show,” for follow up appointments for chronic conditions or preventive care
- Monitor administrative tasks in the EHR and respond timely
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift, assemble, and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of receptionist experience
- Ability to travel locally approximately 100% of the time and up to 45 miles of territory assigned
- Reliable transportation, that will enable you to travel office sites within a designated area, with a current and non-restricted state of Connecticut Driver’s License and State-required insurance
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Office Administrative / Receptionist / Clerical experience in a medical environment
- Customer Service experience in retail, hospitality, etc.
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.