Registration Representative - Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center - Bangor, ME
Opportunities at Northern Light Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Whether you are looking for a role in a clinical setting or supporting those who provide care, we have opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. As a statewide health care system in Maine, we work to personalize and streamline health care for our communities. If the place for you is at a large medical center, a rural community practice or home care, you will find it here. Join our compassionate culture, enjoy meaningful benefits and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Registration Representatives are often the first point of contact upon patient arrival and are required to have excellent customer service skills. This position will input patient information received in person or over the phone, to update the hospital system for patient demographic, insurance, financial obligation, or appointment related data for a variety of practice and hospital services.
This position is full - time (36 hours / week). Employees are required to work any variable 12-hour shift schedule within a 24-hour business operation (7 days / week) including the flexibility to work a mixture of days, evenings, overnights, and weekends to assist based on business need. Shifts will be based on the specific department. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. Our office is located at NORTHERN LIGHT EASTERN MAINE MEDICAL CENTER, 489 STATE ST, BANGOR, MAINE, 04401. We offer 4 weeks of training.
- Greets visitors and patients in person, or communicates by telephone or video conferencing, upholding excellent customer service
- Enters and updates patient demographic and financial information, ensuring the patient is fully registered as early in the process as possible
- Obtains appropriate applications and forms, confirming signatures are on file. Photocopies / scans documents as needed
- Provides patients with financial responsibility information and collects patient liabilities, documents amounts in the appropriate fields, and balances the cash box daily
- Works with partnering departments (Financial Counseling, Scheduling, Financial Clearance, and clinical areas) to ensure all aspects of the patient's encounter are completed as needed
- Provides wayfinding instructions and assists with hospital information as requested
- Coordinates patient admission needs, bed assignments, and tracking boards where applicable
- Meets or exceeds audit accuracy standards. Works worklists and error reports timely, and proactively seeks assistance to resolve as needed
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and / or protocol when involved or observed
- May perform other duties upon request
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone OR face to face), phone support role, OR call center environment
- Familiarity with computer and Windows personal computer applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work any variable 12-hour shift schedule within a 24-hour business operation (7 days / week)
- Flexibility to work a mixture of days, evenings, overnight and weekends to assist based on business need
- Full COVID-19 and Flu vaccination are an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of Registration experience in a hospital OR medical setting
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of insurance policies, procedures, and patient care settings
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.