Christian Hospital Hospitalist Medical Director Opportunity
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Medical Group is currently seeking a Hospitalist Medical Director to oversee a well-established and collegial team based at Christian Hospital in St. Louis. The Hospitalist Director Role will be 50% clinical and 50% administrative. This role is needed due to our current Medical Director being promoted to Chief Medical Officer. Ideal candidates will have previous leadership experience.
Christian Hospital, a 485 bed hospital, is the second-largest community based hospital within the BJC Health System. Christian Hospital provides a plethora of medical and surgical services to a diverse, dynamic, and growing population of the unincorporated North St. Louis County region.
General Practice Information:
- Be part of an established team of 17 providers
- Predictable work/life balance
- 7 hospitalist shifts per month, typical admin hours are M-F 8-5
- Admin hours fluctuated as needed for hospitalist shifts (7 per month)
- Extra hospitalist shifts (over 7) paid extra
- Collaborate with Advanced Practice Providers both during the day and on the night shift
- Ample support staff of case managers, access to sub-specialists and palliative care team on-site
- ICU staffed with Intensivist team supplied by our academic partners Washington University
- Opportunity to teach medical students if interested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Signing bonus
- Tenure bonus structure
- Eligible for Quality Bonus
- Extra shift compensation (if desired)
- CME allowance
- Customizable relocation package
- Retirement options: Pension plan, 401k, 403b, 457b deferred retention plan
About BJC Medical Group:
We are based in St. Louis, MO, and serve our region through our 13 community hospitals and service organizations. Through our partners at Washington University and their stellar training programs, we offer our patients access to some of the finest sub-specialty care in the world, while maintaining our community focus. BJC Medical Group is made up of more than 600 providers across more than 130 clinics across a full spectrum of specialty care ranging from Family Medicine to advanced Cardiac Care. We are a physician-led organization and live our mission every day. We hope you will consider joining us. “The World's Best Medicine Begins with You...”
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Christian Hospital Hospitalists are medical physicians who specialize in the care of hospitalized patients. They are located on the campus located in North St. Louis, MO.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer