Virtual Care Medical Director with BJC HealthCare
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Healthcare is actively recruiting for our Virtual Care Medical Director located in St. Louis, MO.
In this role, the Virtual Care Medical Director will:
- Work in collaboration with the Virtual Care Director
- Provide clinical and operational direction for the strategy, implementation, and operation of Virtual Care Services across BJC and in collaboration with Washington University School of Medicine
- Ensure high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the excellent provision of virtual care performance and practice standards across all care settings
- Ensure our virtual services are fully integrated with our Electronic Medical Record driving toward our goal of a single chart for patient care
- Advance robust virtual care metrics reporting and analytics
- Advising on Virtual Care education (CME), physician training, and hands-on participation/leadership for program stakeholders
- Initiate the program referral system/pattern by connecting with CMO’s, Medical Directors, Leadership, and Physicians, across multiple service lines/disciplines, and prospective spoke sites
- Participates in Virtual Care strategic and financial planning
- Oversee, in concert with the Virtual Care Director, the virtual care operations to ensure services are efficient and effective in meeting Virtual Care goals and objectives
- Be responsible for building/maintaining relationships with the provider/clinical community and aligning the organizational strategy and Virtual Care services with the physician community
- Actively participates in educational growth and development
- 80-100% Administrative Role
Ideal Candidate will have the following criteria:
- M.D. or D.O. or equivalent
- At least three years previous experience in a clinical/administrative management role or equivalent training or experience which included risk management, best practices, quality improvement, physician/ provider relations, service standards, or process assessment and design
- Experience as a Virtual Health provider including Epic proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Experience in working with senior executive teams in a collaborative and effective manner
- Openness to working with and testing new virtual care technologies
- Proven track record or understanding and support in implementing change management
- Demonstrates knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues
- Certificate of Board Certification in Clinical Informatics
[Register to View] " width="200" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=279&hashed=[Register to View] " />
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
Provides medical leadership and clinical direction. Establishes medical and educational policies and procedures for the provision of services. Consults with physicians and other health care providers. Ensures compliance with internal guidelines and regulations.
ResponsibilitiesProvides guidance, advice, consultation, and medical expertise to physicians, health care providers and staff members.Directs, creates and integrates the delivery of services utilizing the latest in evidence-based medical information.Recruits and retains a strong and growing base of internal medicine and primary care physicians (PCPs) who predominantly chose to send their patients to BJC facilities.Directs operations and integrates services within the work unit and with other departments.Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer