Central Scheduling Specialist - Oregon Medical Group, Eugene, OR
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
The Central Scheduling Specialist is responsible for providing excellent service and valuing patients, providers, staff and others as the highest priority. It is the responsibility of the Central Scheduling Specialist to competently assist patients with scheduling their appointments and providing guidance regarding any necessary paperwork and/or anything else that is needed for their appointment. By serving patients in a professional, cheerful and helpful manner, this position acts as a liaison between the patient, provider and other staff members to ensure that patients receive the care they need.
If you are located in Eugene, OR, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. This position requires a 2-3 month in person training period. Candidates will need to live within a commutable distance of the central business office.
- Greet customers over the phone in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner and ensure customer needs are met. Answer questions and provide accurate and helpful assistance to patients
- Using a variety of complex algorithms, provider preferences, and guidelines, book, coordinate and reschedule patient appointments. Relay necessary messages to clinic staff. Assist in necessary triage of patients to the back office for appropriate clinical decision making. Schedule interpretation services as needed
- Interview and schedule/register patients, establish accounts, verify/update patient demographics/insurance coverage in computer
- Make outreach calls as assigned and help with outreach assignments as inbound calls allow
- Remain active in the queues whenever not performing other duties. Meet daily call volume expectations
- Navigate and problem solve complex scheduling scenarios to accommodate patient and provide scheduling needs
- Work on and prioritize special/additional projects as needed
- Attend trainings/ meetings as requested
- Monitor personal timesheet and report inconsistencies/corrections to Lead/Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Completion of a course in medical records technology
- 1+ years of experience with healthcare patient scheduling
- Experience with call center or phone scheduling
- Background with insurance plans and billing
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.