For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this responsible to the OR Supervisor and management team in the successful execution of daily functions of the operating room. Ensures that all equipment and supplies are available for procedures and assists with managing supply par levels for specialty services. Is competent in all of the service lines and represents one niche team as the Subject Matter Expert (SME). Participates and promotes lean initiatives in the operating room, sterile processing and / or supply. Preceptor for new staff members.
- Ensures that operating or procedure rooms are prepared for daily cases
- Maintains appropriate surgical environment for patients
- Assists in updating and maintaining surgeon preference cards
- Assists surgeon as required to perform and finish procedures in all service lines at surgery center
- Maintains, troubleshoots, cleans, and disinfects instrumentation, equipment and G I scopes
- Assists in compliance activities to maintain facility accreditation
- Maintains courteous rapport and effective communication with staff and surgeons
- Provides leadership and guidance to CST’s and assists OR management team with orientation of new staff
- Functions independently in sterile processing and assists as needed
- Perform other procedures and duties as assigned by RN and leadership staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Sign on Bonus $4,500 (External applicants)
- High School diploma and/or equivalent
- Basic Life Support certification
- Successfully completed a program for surgical technologists that is accredited by a national accrediting organization and is certified as a Certified Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or a successor organization
- Successfully completed a training program for surgical technologists administered by the United States Public Health Service, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp or Coast Guard
- Engaged in the practice of surgical technology in a health care facility before January 1, 2018
- 5+ years of experience assisting in the Operating Room and/or GI preferably in an ambulatory setting
- Knowledge of aseptic/sterile techniques
- Knowledge of proper care of instrumentation and GI scopes
- Knowledge of sterilization and high-level disinfection
- Knowledge of life safety environment of an operating room
- Ability to biological testing and proper care of instruments
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities
- Ability to report observed or suspected safety violations, hazards or policy and procedure noncompliance to leadership staff
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.