Creative Director, Corporate Affairs
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Creative Director, Corporate Affairs
- The Creative Director is responsible for creating, managing and conceptualizing the creative outputs for the Creative Services team (design, video, photography, and live events) within Corporate Affairs.
- The Creative Director will be responsible for leading a high-performing creative team and overseeing the creative work of designers and agency partners.
- The Creative Director must be a multidimensional and conceptual creative with proven experience applying strategic insights to develop creative concepts and inventive creative formats.
- They are an exceptional strategist who is also a doer and can maximize the talents of their team with a distinct point of view for bold work that sets the bar for quality creative outputs that truly deliver on the “brief”.
- This role will report into the Executive Director of Corporate Marketing.
- The core responsibility of the Creative Director is to determine the best way to represent ideas and produce concepts and executions across internal and external channels.
- The role requires knowledge of the latest creative trends, a deep understanding of design, and the ability to use metrics and insights to shape creative strategy and create unique experiences.
- The Creative Director champions diversity, inclusivity, and empathy in every step of the creative process. Since this role is in Corporate Affairs, it will require the ability to manage a high volume and speed of real-time content production.
- Leads a specialized creative team on the conceptual creative development from “pitch to delivery” in a fast-paced iterative environment
- Responsible for providing design services and creative direction/oversight in internal and external campaigns
- Oversees the work of designers, illustrators, and photographers
- Responsible for the creative design aesthetic and ensuring assets adhere to brand guidelines
- Enforces companywide standards to maintain the design integrity of internal and external marketing materials and communications
- Supports and pursues creative efforts to raise the bar and elevate BMS reputation by staying informed of trends and behaviors, streamlining processes, and planning improvements
- Sets the artistic direction of corporate content on the intranet, .com and social media channels.
- Works efficiently and effectively to keep projects on track and meet deadlines necessary to achieve business goals and objectives
- Oversees budgets and helps set production schedules for all design activities
- Creates and manages enterprise digital and social design standards; counsel business partners and agency partners on graphics standards and related issues
- Works with both internal and external agency clients/partners
- Contributes to the development of Corporate Marketing plans and special projects planning
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and certifications in Graphic Design/Advertising preferred
- Minimum 10 years corporate or agency experience in design
- Exceptional leadership skills and outstanding communication skills
- Portfolio demonstrates a body of work encompassing 360 creative campaigns (content and advertising) with knowledge of new media formats
- Expert in visual and written language
- A strong understanding of design, copy, and photography/videography best practices
- An intimate understanding of brand development and multichannel communications concepts
- Experience in directing photography, illustration and video
- Comfortable with explaining concepts to senior leaders
- Passionate about brands, ideas, storytelling, and experiential
- Experience with a variety of software and digital platforms
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Command of design vocabulary: color, typography, photography, grid, web compression
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager and SharePoint
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.