Associate Director, Supply Chain Process Integration Lead
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The AD, Supply Chain Process Integration Lead is responsible for leading the end-to-end integration program(s) for consolidation of business processes and ERP systems. This role drives integration programs across strategic supply chain processes, leads change management initiatives, and owns business application implementations. This role will work in partnership with various Global Product Supply functional teams, global departments, process owners, and collaboratively with Finance, Quality, Logistics and Manufacturing teams including external (CMO) and internal sites. This role is responsible for leading cross-functional program/project teams, driving adherence to deadlines, developing scope, and managing risks, issues and actions associated with the program. This individual will also champion innovative initiatives and technology development with an entrepreneurial attitude. This role also possesses strong analytical stills and an in-depth understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes. The AD, Supply Chain Process Integration Lead must be able to build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Lead integration program for multiple markets in partnership with the corresponding commercial organizations
- Lead team to solve complex problems, create deliverables and complete resolution in a timely manner to meet enterprise wide ERP PMO requirements
- Devise execution strategies to meet program timelines and deliverables
- Develop partnerships with other GPS leaders to ensure that the ERP and financial systems are aligned with the business objectives and determine the best use of internal/external resources in the realization of those goals
- Design, implement, and operationalize the company's supply chain process and ERP systems
- Lead execution of programs within digital and capability roadmap in coordination with IT and various GPS business functions
- Lead UAT strategy across GPS and commercial organization
- Drive business process excellence to identify and implement improvement opportunities and develop best practices
- Communicate effectively to make sure priorities are defined and aligned with business goals
- Lead and execute the cutover strategies for system go-lives
- Lead impact analysis strategy for externally manufactured products and supports New Product
- Launch, Divestitures, Sourcing, and Contract Manufacturing work stream with respective strategies with regards to the integration program
- Interfaces with multiple internal and external partners (3PL, CMOs) including distribution, logistics, inventory planning and purchasing, sales operations, and finance to align on assumptions and implications for distribution optimization
- Plan and lead change management process, supporting supply chain leaders in implementing sustainable change
Professional experience and qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. in supply chain, management and/or engineering (biotechnology, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related data disciplines). MBA or advanced degree
- Lean sigma certification preferred (e.g. Lean Practitioner, Green Belt)
- Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- 8+ years with Bachelor degree or 6+ years with Master degree in supply chain management, operations, ERP, digital/data technologies, quality, cell therapy in the biopharma industry
- Experience with SAP, Advanced Planning Systems (BW/BI, SNP APO, and Kinaxis RapidResponse), and Application Lifecycle Management tools
- Good understanding and exposure to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements
- Experience in developing and implementing world class, global supply chain data processes and managing them through deployment of global advanced data systems.
- Experience in working internationally in a fast paced, reputable global Biotech/Pharmaceutical or Consumer company organized in a matrix structure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Additional professional and personal requirements includes:
- Business Acumen: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
- Setting Strategy: Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., safety, quality, cost, risk, short-term v. long-term impact, etc.). Sets a clear direction for others in times of uncertainty and change. Constructively challenges the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things.
- Executing for Results: Maintains high standards of performance for himself/herself and others, and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates integrity, and sticks to core values and principles. Takes the long view, and when faced with challenging obstacles, persists over a significant period of time to achieve his/her agenda. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and a number of possible alternatives are available.
- Leading Teams: Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics to drive the business. Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Includes direct reports and key stakeholders in setting goals, developing plans and making decisions to build commitment and create alignment. Is a strong mentor and builds organizations of effective leaders.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, commercial, R&D, manufacturing and other functional leaders, finance professionals, contractors and other partners. Is highly articulate, and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner. Is able to “get things done” without compromising principles. Has excellent negotiating skills, and achieves win-win outcomes in difficult situations.
- Enterprise Mindset: Understands the big picture, beyond their own functional area. Leads within the broader internal and external network, and seeks to have impact on organization and performance. Embraces complexity, but strives for simplicity. Shares resources an makes difficult trade-offs to benefit the organization at large.
- Change Agility: Creates a vision for the future by spotting strategic opportunities for breakthrough performance. Translates the case for change into actionable plans for the organization. Demonstrates smart risk-taking and personal resilience when implementing change. Enables others to navigate change with confidence and in sustainable ways.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.