Medical Science Liaison
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a Fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
Engagement with External Experts
- Engaging in non-promotional peer-to-peer exchange of medical and scientific information with SLs or KDMs to the extent permitted by law and local regulation, local industry codes, and other provisions of the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities.
- Gaining deep insights on disease, therapeutic area and healthcare needs, data gaps and challenges in their local geography.
- Representing Medical Affairs at local or regional non-promotional Medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia). They may collaborate in the coordination of pre-event scientific information and post-event scientific summaries.
- Responding to unsolicited requests for medical, scientific, pipeline or marketed product information or indications from SLs or KDMs utilizing appropriate approved scientific materials.
- Responding (one-to-one) to unsolicited requests for information on company research and/or grant activities by directing SLs or KDMs to appropriate company resources for grants, sponsored clinical trial involvement, Investigator Study Program (MISP), and outcomes research.
- Organizing and participating in medical and scientific exchange activities, which include but not limited in hospital lecture, journal club, experts input forum, advisory boards, may take the role as presenter.
- On a reactive basis, can share the publically available AOIs with SLs and direct them to the website for further information.
- Providing medical/scientific support, including written documentation and/or verbal interactions for Health Technology Assessments (HTA) and formulary decisions. Such support is provided following the principles of scientific exchange as outlined in the Guiding Principles for Ex-US GMA External Stakeholder-Facing Activities.
- Formulating regional Medical Affairs Plans (rMAP) and implementation of activities identified in the rMAP.
- At Global Clinical Trials Organization (GCTO), GDSA, or Center for Observational and Real World Research (CORE) personnel request, supporting the identification of potential study investigators for sponsored study.
- Providing insights internally on the scientific gaps, ideas and other topics gathered from scientific exchange to inform MISP Areas of Interest, development programs, and company TA strategy.
- Supporting company commercial colleagues by providing on-label or disease state scientific training to personnel in the therapeutic area when requested and where allowed.
- Provide scientific support to patient access program.
Advanced scientific degree is strongly preferred, such as MD (or equivalent MB.Ch.B.), PharmD, or PhD in a life science, preferably with clinical knowledge of assigned therapeutic area. At minimum, college education degree in pharmacy.
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred. Experience in assigned therapeutic area is highly preferred.
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in assigned therapeutic area(s), clinical trial methods, implementation and data interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and eagerness to continue to learn more in depth about a specific therapeutic area
- Ability to present scientific and other technical information with confidence, in a way that engenders trust and credibility.
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of internal and external audiences including listening skills and probing skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to function within a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and work under pressure.
- Fluent English, fluent office software technology.
- Be able to travel at least monthly
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1