Patient Access Director Folsom CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Director is responsible for effectively leading and directing the work of assigned staff within the parameters of designated performance standards and metrics. The Director is expected to support Patient Access leadership and to motivate staff to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to meet the organization goals for customer service and financial performance. The Director is responsible to ensure the department meets key metrics established by the client and sets targets to meet and exceed performance standards. This position leads the team through the change management process and focuses to identify gaps within registration to improve deficiencies where opportunity exists. This role serves as a representative of the corporate Patient Access Revenue Cycle Operations department. The Director works to build relationships with client administration and works in tandem with local leadership to interact with other departments including internal customers within the revenue cycle team. The incumbent attends managerial meetings as required and supports the core values of Optum360, which is an integral part of this position.
Although this position is primarily focused upon the provision of service at the Facility (Hospital and/or Clinic), the position has frequent contact with the Regional Patient Registration Directors and the Corporate Patient Registration Directors and Managers, as well as facility-based clinical and administrative leadership.
- Provides facility level oversight of the following areas:
- Financial Clearance (as assigned)
- Registration / Check-in, including Point-of-Service Collections
- Financial Counselling
- Patient Satisfaction / Customer Service
- Other duties as assigned by the local client, including but not limited to Patient Scheduling, Bed Management / Patient Placement, MPTL and Switchboard
- Development of processes and initiatives designed to improve Revenue Cycle performance in assigned areas which includes:
- SLA and MSA compliance
- CHAN and other regulatory audit follow-up and compliance
- Client Liaison (i.e., Relationship development, program coordination)
- Customer Engagement (Patient Experience and Client Satisfaction):
- Participates in targeted customer engagement improvement initiatives
- Collaborates with and actively coaches assigned management and frontline staff in the implementation of strategies to improve the satisfaction and experience levels
- Monitors and evaluates the results of various service / satisfaction surveys and conducts analysis of data to identify and operationalize opportunities for improvements
- Communications (i.e., Patient Access Newsletters, CFO Presentations, Monthly Operational Reports, etc.)
- Department Status Report compilation and presentation
- Facility budget maintenance
- Workforce Management oversight (Staffing plan, work schedules, position requisitions, productivity and quality monitors, disciplinary actions, staff orientation, evaluation feedback, etc.)
- Facility-based vendor relations and support (i.e., Self-Pay Medicaid Eligibility staff)
- Process improvement initiatives, either facility-based or corporate
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Patient Access Hospital Director role
- Daily commute distance to a facility location in Folsom, CA
- Willing to work onsite within a hospital client facility setting (Telecommute is NOT an option for this role)
- Proven flexibility of schedule for 24/7 shift coverage when necessary, sometimes at a moment’s notice (covering call outs, schedule gaps, etc.)
- Experience leading or participating in large Patient Access-related IT and/or Contact Center program implementation
- Experience with the major Patient Access technologies currently in use, and/or other “like” systems
- Undergraduate Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field, Master’s Degree
- Certification within Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and/or the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM)
- Experience in a client facing role
- Managing in a Union experience
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.