Patient Access Director
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Medical Director careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come.
Position in this function includes those responsible for management and administration of multiple Medical and Clinical Operations Functions or managing general operations which are not specific to one of the functions in the Medical & Clinical Operations job family.
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff
- Develops and executes strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets/sites
- Directs others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external) Develop/oversee/deliver operational or technical training
- Works on repetitive/ recurring tasks on a daily basis with defined daily, weekly or monthly measurable output; Deliverables are highly measurable and quantifiable; Daily tasks are very transactional and have defined outputs (established metrics/targets, i.e., accuracy, handle time, reliability, charts per hour, quality, CSAT, etc.)
- Output has a solid and direct influence on the revenue of the busines (could be product or services). Failure to meet target may result to direct revenue hit (non-payment of service) or client dissatisfaction
- Headcount/ capacity is determined by client portfolio, i.e., new client contracts drive additional headcount, client attrition results in headcount reduction
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- At least 15 years of work experience in healthcare operations
- At least 10 years of experience as a Senior Leader
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.