Radiology Technologist - Oregon Medical Group - Eugene
$3,000 sign on bonus for external candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
This position serves the patients, providers and other support staff by performing tests using the appropriate radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-rays and performing routine diagnostic procedures as directed by providers.
- Position patients and adjust equipment for taking X-rays following established procedures
- Instruct patients regarding procedures
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating all required radiologic equipment
- Select length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis
- Examine radiologic images for properties such as density, contrast, definition, magnification and distortion
- Insure equipment is in working order. Report equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Process routine paperwork
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations
- Maintain strictest confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AMA approved (two-year) school and meets the requirements for registry by the ARRT
- Current certification with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Current Oregon license in diagnostic radiography
- Healthcare provider level CPR/BLS certification
- Experience with an electronic medical record system
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.