Quality Medical Assistant Cleburne on West Henderson
18 days of PTO & Closed On Major Holidays
MA Certification Fee Reimbursement - 401K Match
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for the coordination of HEDIS and STARs data gathering process. This evaluates the quality and completeness of clinical documentation processes by performing quality medical record reviews, assisting in the improvement of the clinical documentation process, identifying trends, maintaining accurate records of review activities, ensures all data submitted to the health plan meets the HEDIS/Star technical specifications for medical records. The Clinical Quality Coordinator will have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant.
- Assisting in the review of medical records to highlight Star/HEDIS opportunities for the medical staff
- Review medical records for data collection, data entry, and quality monitoring including health plan/WellMed form submission and chart collection activities that close gaps in care
- Partner with the leadership team, the practice administrative or clinical staff to identify trends observed and potential strategies to support the practice
- Communicate scheduling challenges or trends that may negatively impact quality outcomes
- Track and trend barriers/challenges that exist at their assigned groups so that better outcomes can be achieved including access to appointments, lack of follow up on referrals, or inconsistent billing practices
- Activities may include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, health plan/WellMed form submission and chart collection activities
- Assists with local IRR audits
- Navigate multiple documentation systems and obtain medical record sections supportive of HEDIS/Star measures
- Support chart chase process by requesting records from provider’s offices as needed
- Maintains education/knowledge base of HEDIS/STARs
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- Sustained Medical Assistant certification
- Current BLS certification
- 3+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis/quality chart reviews. Must be able to review data and provide recommendations for improvement
- 2+ years as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Experienced using Microsoft office applications, including databases, word-processing, and excel spreadsheets
- Expert in computer literacy in electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proven ability to mentor others
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Licensed Vocational/Registered Nurse, or Certified Professional Coder
- 2+ years of college, in pursuance of a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- 2+ years of experience working with HEDIS/STAR measures
- 1+ years of HEDIS/STAR experience or participation with similar regulatory reporting
- ICD 9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office
- EMR and HEDIS knowledge and experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 50 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment