WellMed Supportive Care Medical Assistant Tampa
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Duties include: Provides support to the Palliative Care team. Support includes but is not limited to assisting physicians and nursing personnel, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a medical provider. The MA assists in identifying patient needs or problems and communicating data to the provider or other members of the clinical team. The MA delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality. Completes mandatory training.
Offering a $1000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants!
This position is not patient facing role. You will be based on our Administrative office located at TAMPA - 500 WESTSHORE BLVD. Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm as well as some field work supporting the Provider
- Provide telephonic patient outreach and patient experience calls
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Telephone screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Supports and follows Standard Delegation of Orders (SDO)
- Collaborate and work closely with LPN in supporting Palliative Care team
- Ability to work independently
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical office setting
- ICD-9 / 10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience, including strong excel skills
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.