Certified Medical Assistant - Optum Tri-State
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Optum Tri-State is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Prepares the patient for the Medical Provider’s examination by obtaining vital signs and patient history
- Prepares and maintains the examination and treatment areas
- Prepares the patient for and assisting with the examinations, procedures and treatments
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Performs sterilization techniques and an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment
- Administers vaccines and other injections where applicable
- Organizes and maintains medical records
- Cooperates with other Optum Tri-State employees to achieve specific team goals
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, Optum Tri-StateMedical Assistants are also responsible for certain follow-up with patients, such as ensuring specialist appointments are scheduled and referrals are prepared
- All Optum Tri-State employees are expected to keep abreast of current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Assist with front desk and other duties as assigned
- Weekend shifts in rotation may be required
This is a full time position with:
- Full Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- and more...
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Certification or ability to obtain Certification within 90 days of employment. If MA Certification is not attained in the 90 day period, then the employee will be required to change job roles to accommodate business needs
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
- Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience working as a Medical Assistant performing front and clinical back-office duties including phlebotomy, injections, obtaining vital signs and recording medical history
- MD office work experience
- Knowledge of Epic EMR software
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
About Optum Tri-State. Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.