Certified Medical Assistant - 2000 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates
2000 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We would love to meet you no matter your experience level! Optum is interested in speaking with MAs directly out of their externship all the way up to Senior-level MAs with years of experience. We also offer a $1000 sign-on bonus to all new MA’s with an additional $1000 paid after 1 year of employment, full benefits, and some of the best coworkers and work environment you’ll find in your career!
Careers at GreenField Health, part of the Optum is a comprehensive medical care provider in Portland, Oregon. We have a membership-based practice model that allows us to cultivate deep relationships with our patients as we provide them with impeccable service and ensure high reliability in our clinical care as well as our advocacy services. Join a team that is innovative and passionate, taking a holistic and proactive approach towards healing while working in a culture that embraces work-life balance. Help us continue to revolutionize our practice as we strive to recalibrate how health care is delivered and experienced.
- Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone: answering or referring inquiries
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history, taking vital signs, confirming purpose of visit or treatment
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during exams; preparing laboratory specimens, performing basic laboratory tests on the premises, disposing of contaminated supplies, sterilizing medical instruments, administering medications on the premises, authorizing drug refills as directed, telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies, drawing blood, preparing patients for x-rays, taking electrocardiograms, removing sutures, changing dressings
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
- Reliably track care needs, communicating with patients and providers
- Proactively calls patients to ensure annual exams or follow up visits are scheduled
- Undergoes ongoing training sessions required to hold verifications: Ex: CPR, CMA
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Enhances health care practice reputation by taking ownership, showing flexibility by accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job performance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- Current BLS certification at time of hire
- Medical Assistant certification received from a nationally recognized and accredited certifying body (must obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Professional phone etiquette and ability to effectively work a multi-line phone system
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Clinic setting experience
- Solid phlebotomy skills
- Demonstrated record of reliable attendance and punctuality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills, including customer service
- $21.00 - 29.00 per hour
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.