Medical Assistant - Arvada, CO
We are currently offering a $4000 sign on bonus for full time external hires!
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient… every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for performing patient-oriented procedures under the direction and supervision of a clinician, RN, or LVN to ensure safe and appropriate patient care. The MA assists the clinician with minor medical and surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care assistance.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality care and concern with internal and external customers
- Use, protect, and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Anticipate the clinician’s needs and carries out orders
- Check for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services as needed
- Obtain, record, and report vital signs and other pertinent patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician
- Perform various medical procedures and medication administration as appropriate for their certification
- Perform phlebotomy, process lab specimens, and maintain lab specimen logs as appropriate
- Assist clinician with procedures as requested
- Ensure proper documentation of all procedures
- Maintain and clean exam and treatment areas, specimen processing areas, and medical equipment
- Complete or assist with the completion of appropriate forms, tracking, transport, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience
- BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Willing to travel to various OptumCare CO clinic locations as needed
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical assistant, MA, EMR, CPR, OLA, Office Laboratory Assistance, Spanish, urgent care, primary care, pediatrics, cardiology, allergy, asthma, pain management, urology, obgyn, clinic, Arvada, Denver, Lakewood, Broomfield, Westminster, Evergreen, Thornton, CO Colorado