Medical Research Assistant - Reliant Medical Group
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Looking to gain experience in the medical field or a new career opportunity…
Reliant Medical Group is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and professional Research Assistant to join their Grants and Research team in All of Us Research Program. This is a full-time Monday-Friday, position. This position may include floating to a variety of Reliant sites, participation in community outreach events, and/or some weekend and evening hours.
All of Us is a participant-engaged, data-driven enterprise supporting research at the intersection of human biology, behavior, genetics, environment, data science, computation, and much more to produce new knowledge with the goal of developing more effective ways to treat disease.
The Research Assistant performs a variety of duties involving assisting with the recruitment and enrollment of potential study participants at Reliant Medical Group sites for the All of Us Research Program. Assists in booking enrollment visits and obtaining informed consent and subject questionnaires, as needed. Performs physical measurements, vital signs, and phlebotomy (blood draws) on research participants and prepares and coordinates shipment of biospecimens to the study Biobank.
- Assists in recruitment of study participants at Reliant Medical Group sites as well as community outreach events
- Assists with expansion and set up at new sites and community events
- Assists with obtaining electronic informed consent and questionnaires and answers questions from participants
- Conducts physical measurement and vital signs and performs phlebotomy (blood draws) on research participants
- Prepares and coordinates shipment of biospecimens to the study Biobank
- Supports multiple study functions such as participant check-in and out, answering phones, scheduling, etc., and provides cross-coverage to clerical roles, as directed
- Demonstrates accuracy in recording data using HealthPro
- Books appointments, verifies patients demographics data in EPIC
- Participates in orientation and staff development activities, as requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform phlebotomy
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or completed within 90 days of the date of hire for positions in direct patient care areas
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, etc
- Organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medical Assistant certification
- 1+ year of relevant experience
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- This position includes floating to a variety of RMG sites as well as community outreach events and will require some weekend and evening hours
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.