Senior Administrative Assistant to the CEO - Atlanta, GA
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant to the CEO will provide a wide variety of executive-level administrative support to members of the Senior Leadership Team of the local health plan located in Atlanta, GA. This role serve as the administrative liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to the assigned executive and/or Administrative department. This role will require someone who is able to work well in a team environment with some shared department responsibilities assigned.
Duties may also include more traditional administrative / clerical support roles including: answering the telephone, typing/word processing of documents, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, copying, faxing, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance. This is a fast paced working environment that requires the ability to multitask with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position will also have BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including: New hire onboarding / offboarding, equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering. Senior Administrative work will involve direct client interaction.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status
- Creates / prepares meeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology needed for meetings / events
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
- Prepares meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed
- Records minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher level of education
- 3+ years of administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's or Associates' degree
- 5+ years of experience supporting C & VP level or higher management
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in MS Visio, Access and Concur
- Business Segment Liaison (BSL) or onboarding experience (or willingness/ability to become certified as a UnitedHealthcare BSL)
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.