Medical Assistant Trainer - Phoenix, AZ
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Support and provide delivery of curriculum during the training period of the apprenticeship program
- Provide student mentoring and support throughout the training program and as needed through the one-year apprenticeship adjusting information/support as required per the individual student.
- Celebrate the success of the program participants by making their learning experience engaging and fun and participating in graduation ceremonies
- Support the Clinical Ops Supervisor to ensure a successful program, including assisting with the attraction, recruitment, and selection process for program participants
- Supports education curriculum for MA apprenticeship program
- Supports the delivery of educational content in virtual and on-site classroom settings
- Provides mentoring and support to the MA apprentice and mentors in the clinics
- Oversees MA apprentices prior to clinic placement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of relevant work experience and education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent
- MA experience
- Experience with the Socratic method of instruction and supporting adult learning curriculums
- Experience working with diverse communities and across social, economic, and cultural differences
- Intermediate technology skills
- Education experience
- Leadership experience
- A mentoring mindset with strong empathetic, interpersonal capabilities to see situations through others' perspectives, build trusting relationships, give feedback, and hold the accountability of others when needed
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness
- Propose possible solutions and make sound judgments for the best outcomes and student success
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional, respectful, and effective working relationships
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Working Conditions: Normal office or clinic environment. May occasionally work flexible hours to meet needs of clinic staff that are scheduled to work 7 days/week, 24 hours/day.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.