Certified Medical Assistant - Per Diem-Float - Foothill Ranch, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Medical Assistant duties include working with provider providing relevant medical services/care, orders, treatment, check in and check out, answering phones, pre-visit planning, assist with scanning, medical records and record request, medication administration, set up and assist with procedures, perform baseline testing, waive testing, prescription refills, and coordination of care.
- Gathers clinical data
- Accurately completes and maintains medical records and documentation
- Maintains exam rooms and pod areas. Prepares, stocks, and clean rooms
- Completes patient referrals
- Assists the practice manager with office operations
- Traveling between offices covering open shifts
- Nextgen experienced
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or GED, Certificate from a California State accredited school
- Basic Life Support training at an American Heart Association approved class
- 2+ years of related experience in a medical office/ clinic setting; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. It is preferred that medical assistants possess the designation of either registered (RMA) or certified (CMA) credentials. Certification is preferred through a certifying organization, such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or registration though the American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Treats all patients and team members with respect, utilizing effective communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to prioritize tasks when there are competing demands
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.