Certified Medical Assistant - Urgent Care - Hudson, MA
Full Time - 12 hour shift - Every other Weekend!
External Employees Eligible for $3,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Performs a variety of duties involving clinical and administrative patient care while adhering to the standards of the practice. Provides care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Assists in the examination and treatment of patients by taking and recording vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc. Assists physician and others with simple to complex clinical/diagnostic procedures such as urine cultures, pregnancy tests, throat cultures, etc. Prepares treatment rooms. Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office functions. Performs related duties to facilitate the efficient utilization of computer-based information.
- Opens patient areas, prepares patient schedules and patient medical records following standard procedures
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Establishes reason for patient visit and prepares patient accordingly. Provides direct and indirect care following standard procedure while identifying and recording physical findings. Verifies patient medications, performs medication reconciliation and pends refills. Collects and documents a variety of forms. Documents patient information in chart following standard procedure. Monitor and maintain patient flow. Assists in management of patient flow and access
- Performs a variety of clinical functions such as measuring temperature, pulse rates, blood pressure, orthostatic vitals, height, weight, pediatric lengths, head circumference, peak flows, pulse oximetry, etc. Performs a variety tests such as hearing, vision, etc. Documents information during patient visit in patient chart
- Performs a variety of point of care testing functions and quality control such as urinalysis, rapid strep, blood glucose, urine pregnancy, etc. Document testing in patient chart. Maintains laboratory logs following standard procedure
- Performs a variety of procedures such as applying hot/cold compress, applying/removing simple to complex wound dressings (as defined by site) under the direction of provider or licensed staff member, suture removal, staple removal, ear irrigation, DME splints/orthoglass, etc.
- Administers over-the-counter medications following standard procedures within position responsibility
- Performs spirometry, EKG, removal of urinary catheters with education and evidence of competency, etc., following standard procedures
- Administers vaccines and immunizations following standard procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Successful completion of a medical assistant school/program
- Medical Assistant certification
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or completed within 90 days of date of hire for positions in direct patient care areas
- Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.