Sr. Administrative Assistant - Hybrid in Latham, NY
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant role supports the E&I Empire Plan, National Accounts team. Duties include document development, presentation development, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating business segment liaison duties and others as assigned. This role is also the primary facility contact responsible for real estate and corporate facility management interaction and coordination of necessary office and work from home support and services. This role is critical in assisting the Empire Plan team and is based in the Latham, NY office.
If you are located in the Latham, NY area, you will have the flexibility to work hybrid model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)*, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create/maintain calendars/coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Create/prepare meeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology (e.g., conference rooms; food; WebEx; Telepresence) needed for meetings/events (e.g., training)
- Make travel arrangements (e.g., airline; hotel; ground transportation; office space assignment) for meeting attendees (e.g., external customers; executives)
- Host, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings/external events as needed (e.g., introduce speakers; manage PowerPoint deck; ensure time schedules are adhered to; assist with technology; take notes)
- Compile and/or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Prepare and/or format office documentation (e.g., proposals; letters; spreadsheets; reports) needed for various audiences (e.g., clients; executives; internal business partners)
- Post relevant documentation (e.g., meeting notes; proposal letters; PowerPoint decks; policies and procedures; general correspondence) onto relevant systems (e.g., SharePoint; eDoc) and communication boards
- Maintain and distribute lists/documents as needed (e.g., organizational charts; email; distribution lists; vendor; contacts; phone)
- Record/label/file records and documents according to enterprise records management procedures
- Monitor/oversee internal office communications (e.g., email; calendar; phones) for internal team members and take appropriate action, as needed
- Ensure employees/contractors receive access and guidance with office operations
- Perform Business Segment Liaison (BSL) activities, as needed (e.g., hardware/software acquisition/disposal, new employee onboarding, transfers, terminations)
- Enter and submit purchase orders into relevant systems (e.g., ARIBA) to purchase office supplies from pre-approved vendors
- Accept deliveries and ensure supplies are distributed to the appropriate resources
- Manage/monitor/procure office supplies, goods and services (e.g., process/reconcile invoices, travel and other expenses, payments, and/or reimbursements)
- Assist with and/or perform charitable planning
- Perform emergency response team duties (e.g., Floor Marshal)
- Collaborate with facilities management (e.g., attend meetings; communicate impact) regarding potential changes/improvements to the office environment
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business departments' operations, drivers, and/or procedures
- Maintain and/or communicate sensitive and/or confidential information in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- Consult/communicate with internal and/or external customers to identify and/or provide needed resources (e.g., tools; services) or resolve issues
- Research and/or provide needed information to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Establish relationships and collaborate with key internal and/or external resource personnel to facilitate office operations
- Provide coverage (e.g., phone; email; reception) for internal team members as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative assistant role supporting leaders in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as a Business Segment Liaison (BSL) coordinating office moves including hardware and software requisitions, travel arrangements, new hire onboarding and other office management responsibilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office Outlook for complex calendar management and scheduling meetings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities
- Willing and able to travel to Kingston 1x per quarter depending on business need
- Reside within a commutable distance to the Latham, NY office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, SharePoint and eDoc
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for New York City residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.