Medical Assistant Float Bilingual Spanish - La Palma, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
AppleCare Medical Group, part of OptumCare®, is a group of leading, independent physicians that provide excellent care and quality service. Our doctors work with a team of AppleCare nurses, social workers and pharmacists to provide expert, personalized care. AppleCare Medical Group is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Travel required within the following areas: *La Palma (regional office), Downey, Whitter and Long Beach. The regional office is located in La Palma, CA and employees will report to the regional office, when not covering the other Greater Los Angeles locations.
- Works within the California MA Scope of Practice to performs patient intake process (vital signs, history)
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage, EKG)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures
- Maintains clinical logs (autoclave, temperature logs)
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Makes / takes patient calls
- Participates in Quality Improvement projects
- Participates in preparing department for internal and external site audits from SCAN, DHS, etc.a
- Participates regularly in skills competency evaluations. Participates regularly in site staff and department meetings
- Cross-trains into Care Team Member 1 and 2 positions when indicated
- May assist with site marketing activities (i.e. health fairs, senior Olympics, and other events)
- Maintains an independent patient schedule under the direct supervision of a clinician
- Functions as the department mentor, trainer and resource by orienting new employees and coordinating staff schedules and department resources
- Identifies and resolves daily department issues and concerns and escalates to supervisor when necessary
- Participates in the development of department policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program/school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain one within 30-days of hire
- Bilingual Spanish
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1+ years of back office Medical Assistant experience working in a managed care, urgent care or acute setting
- Experience working in Family Practice and / or Urgent Care practice working with adults and children
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare and CalOptima payers
- EMR experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.