Senior Travel Medical Assistant Florida
$2500 Sign-On Bonus For External Applicants!
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Medical Assistant - Integration Practice Consultant will provide supervision, training, leadership and support to acquired clinic staff to ensure established policies, procedures, and operating guidelines for WellMed are being followed. Works closely with acquired providers and operational partners, including training teams, to ensure successful clinic integration.
*Must reside in Tampa or Orlando, Florida and be willing to travel extensively throughout our Florida and possibly Texas markets.
- Travels to various assigned clinics to provide MA supervision, support and training in acquired clinics to support the integration process
- Provides supervision, support and serves as an on-going consultant resource to the acquired clinic to ensure performance goals are met
- Engages integration team to provide appropriate resources for training, tools and support to the clinic team to reach desired optimal state of operation
- Builds and maintains relationships across business groups and cross functional teams, including PSR’s, MA’s, RN/LVN’s, APC’s, Physicians and leadership
- Supervises and serves as an Integration practice consultant assisting clinical staff in defining and executing appropriate workflows based on introduction of new processes
- Demonstrates a subject matter expert knowledge of and ability to perform skills within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant, including but not limited to, procedures, injections, screenings, EKGs and phlebotomy. Able to adjust to clinic activities that often vary from day to day
- Performs, supervises and trains the standard tasks associated with patient care with minimal oversight from supervisor:
- Prepares charts prior to clinic sessions, ensures all specialist reports and test results are documented and available for physician review. Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion
- Rooms patients according to company standards, updates medication lists and completes screenings as indicated
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Assists the provider during patient visits, including documenting portions of the visit in the electronic medical record while the provider is examining the patient. Requires active listening and the ability to accurately capture the provider’s instructions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Current, valid nationally recognized Medical Assistant Certification
- Current, valid BLS certification
- Computer literacy and the ability to master new applications and electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Extensive travel throughout WellMed markets - approx. 90% travel
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience with WellMed Care Model and processes
- Experience with senior population in healthcare
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written proficiency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.