Administrative Assistant - Everett, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support within area of responsibility that may include telephone support, filing, typing, coordinating schedules, distributing correspondence, materials management, data entry, simple data analyses, and rudimentary reporting. All within established legal guidelines and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate our company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Answers, screens and transfers telephone calls on a multi-line system
- Maintains workflow by studying methods, implementing cost reductions, and developing reporting procedures
- Analyzes operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, office layout, budgetary and staff requirements to create, revise and implement changes to systems and procedures as necessary
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data and identifying solutions
- Maintains electronic schedules including coordination of internal and external meetings
- Organizes and distributes correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
- Develops and maintains filing systems
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks and participating in professional societies
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED, or higher OR equivalent
- 1+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of office experience in healthcare industry at the corporate level
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.