Associate Medical Assistant - New York, NY
ProHealth NY is growing our team in New York. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
The Medical Assistant is a vital member of the ProHEALTH care delivery team. This position has the responsibility of preparing exam rooms for patients, measuring vital signs, performing approved laboratory tests, assisting clinicians with patient care, and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The MA at ProHEALTH utilizes a variety of clinical and clerical skills to deliver excellent patient experiences.
- Prepares exam rooms by disinfecting, stocking, and verifying appropriate medications are available
- Greets patients and assist them with signing in and completing paperwork
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner
- Assists and accompanies patients to exam rooms
- Interviews patients and records information into the medical record
- Measures, collects, and records patient vital signs
- Performs basic lab testing and other approved tests
- Displays proficient phlebotomy practices
- Prepares specimens for transportation to the lab
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under clinician direction
- Places follow-up phone calls to patients
- Performs other duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with vital signs and basic lab tests (urinalysis, pregnancy tests, etc.)
- Solid computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certification in Medical Assisting
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.