Medical Assistant- ProHealth Physicians
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions. The MA performs duties within the Connecticut scope of practice.
- Provide patient care, clinical summary and direction on next steps or follow up
- Perform phlebotomy for patients as needed
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording clinical information as per protocol
- Manage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with appointment and scheduling guidelines
- Carry out standing orders consistent with practice policies and procedures
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients; assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Monitor task buckets in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders/worklists and monitor status of critical referrals
- In coordination with Regional Nurse Managers, maintain oversight of temperature monitoring
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Maintain open lines of communications with care team and Regional Management team
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and company policies
- Adhere to all patient safety initiatives and infection control regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of Accredited Medical Assistant program
- Certified Medical Assistant, or the ability to obtain CMA/ RMA within 120 days of hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of MA experience in a primary care setting
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.