Medical Assistant - Pasadena, CA
Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Medical Assistant at Optum, you will learn from health care experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. We’ll offer you more than talent, resources and can-do culture. We’ll offer you a chance to improve the lives of others while helping improve the lives of millions.
- Delivering high quality patient care through face-to-face, telephone and electronic contact with for the purpose of examination, treatment, monitoring, and preparation for diagnostic tests or procedure
- Collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies, health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures as directed
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Assist with tasking, phone calls, and messages; document all actions taken
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper-based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Prepare and clean patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol while maintaining infection control
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Certified Preceptor Certification
- 2+ years of experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Phlebotomy certification
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.()
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.