Medical Assistant - Urgent Care, Optum Tri-State
$1000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEA LTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Work Schedule: Based on 37.5 hours/week. Five 8-hour shifts. Or, option to work 3 days/week: 2 full days (open to close) plus additional 8 hours. One weekend shift is required.
- Greets patients, family members and guests with a friendly smile
- Assists patients with signing in and completing registration
- Enters and scans patient’s demographic and insurance information in Epic
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefit information; informs patients of insurance benefits
- Collects co-payments and patient balances
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner; directs calls and takes messages
- Assists physician and clinical staff by coordinating follow up care for patients; schedules referral appointments for patients and obtains authorization for diagnostic testing
- Sends patient records to primary care physician
- Takes vital signs, performs EKGs and assists providers with patient care
- Prepares exam rooms for patients and documents patient encounters in Epic
- Performs lab testing and quality assurance
- Prepares and tracks specimens sent to lab
- Restocks and maintains inventory of exam rooms, lab and storage rooms
- Places outgoing phone calls to patients for follow up care and handles incoming phone calls from patients
- Assists with other tasks as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Certification in Medical Assisting, EKG and phlebotomy, or EMT
- Customer service experience and strong computer skills
- Experience with vital signs
- Experience with basic lab testing, EKG and quality assurance required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associates Degree or some college coursework completed
- Knowledge of insurance carriers and managed care plans
- Epic experience
- Medical office experience; Urgent Care experience highly desired
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.