Medical Assistant - Pulmonary - Optum Tri-State
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
ProHEALTH Care is one of the largest integrated physician group practices in the New York Metropolitan Area with twenty locations throughout Long Island. ProHEALTH Care features more than 300 highly skilled physicians with outstanding credentials from nearly every medical specialty working together to care for thousands of patients each month. Many of our physicians are recognized for innovative medical achievements including writing award winning medical journals and conducting research studies.
As a part of the Optum tri-state, Pro Health NY is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our growing team . At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
The Medical Assistant is a vital member of the ProHEALTH care delivery team. This position has the responsibility of preparing exam rooms for patients, measuring vital signs, performing approved laboratory tests, assisting clinicians with patient care, and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The MA at ProHEALTH utilizes a variety of clinical and clerical skills to deliver excellent patient experiences.
- Prepares exam rooms by disinfecting, stocking, and verifying appropriate medications are available
- Greets patients and assist them with signing in and completing paperwork
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner
- Assists and accompanies patients to exam rooms
- Interviews patients and records information into the medical record
- Measures, collects, and records patient vital signs
- Performs basic lab testing and other approved tests
- Displays proficient phlebotomy practices
- Prepares specimens for transportation to the lab
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under clinician direction
- Places follow-up phone calls to patients
- Performs other duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with vital signs and basic lab tests (urinalysis, pregnancy tests, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certification in Medical Assisting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.