Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine - Optum Tri-State
ProHealth NY is growing our team in New York. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
ProHEALTH Care is one of the largest integrated physician group practices in the New York Metropolitan Area with twenty locations throughout Long Island. ProHEALTH Care features more than 300 highly skilled physicians with outstanding credentials from nearly every medical specialty working together to care for thousands of patients each month. Many of our physicians are recognized for innovative medical achievements including writing award winning medical journals and conducting research studies.
As a part of the Optum tri-state, Pro Health NY is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our growing team . At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
The Medical Assistant is a vital member of the ProHEALTH care delivery team. This position has the responsibility of preparing exam rooms for patients, measuring vital signs, performing approved laboratory tests, assisting clinicians with patient care, and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The MA at ProHEALTH utilizes a variety of clinical and clerical skills to deliver excellent patient experiences.
- Prepares exam rooms by disinfecting, stocking, and verifying appropriate medications are available
- Greets patients and assist them with signing in and completing paperwork
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner
- Assists and accompanies patients to exam rooms
- Interviews patients and records information into the medical record
- Measures, collects, and records patient vital signs
- Performs basic lab testing and other approved tests
- Displays proficient phlebotomy practices
- Prepares specimens for transportation to the lab
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under clinician direction
- Places follow-up phone calls to patients
- Performs other duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with vital signs and basic lab tests (urinalysis, pregnancy tests, etc.)
- Solid computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certification in Medical Assisting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.