Medical Assistant - Golden, CO
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient... every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area-we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work.(sm)
- Assist providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures and physicals
- May be required to perform certain tasks alone as instructed. These procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Duties: Injections, sterile field set up, EKG, application of dressings and splints, PFT’s, mass removal, flexible sigmoidoscopy, pap smears, pulse oximetry, orthostatic blood pressures, audiograms, spirometry, eye testing and care of basic lacerations
- Laboratory Duties: venipuncture, urinalysis, pregnancy tests, rapid strep and flu tests, mono and blood glucose, FIT testing
- Care of emergency walk-in patients. Assist patients anytime need is apparent
- Schedule patients for ancillary testing, therapy, specialist visits and hospital admissions
- Assist with triage of telephone calls for providers
- Take pharmacy messages for prescription refills and process according to office procedures
- Assist with maintenance of patients’ files, records and other information
- Assemble patient information packets and monitor inventory of packets
- Work closely with all insurance companies
- Assist with ordering of medical supplies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience.
- BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of of experience in an ambulatory care setting or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment