Urgent Care Medical Assistant - Monument, CO
$4,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for performing patient-oriented procedures under the direction and supervision of a clinician, RN, or LVN to ensure safe and appropriate patient care. The MA assists the clinician with minor medical and surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care assistance.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality care and concern with internal and external customers
- Use, protect, and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Anticipate the clinician’s needs and carries out orders
- Check for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services as needed
- Obtain, record, and report vital signs and other pertinent patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician
- Perform various medical procedures and medication administration as appropriate for their certification
- Perform phlebotomy, process lab specimens, and maintain lab specimen logs as appropriate
- Assist clinician with procedures as requested
- Ensure proper documentation of all procedures
- Maintain and clean exam and treatment areas, specimen processing areas, and medical equipment
- Complete or assist with the completion of appropriate forms, tracking, transport, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience
- BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Willing to travel to various OptumCare CO clinic locations as needed
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.