Medical Assistant - Sleep Services
$1,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candiates
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work. (sm)
ProHealth Physicians is looking for a full time Medical Assistant to join their Manchester office.
Location: 515 Middle Turnpike W Manchester, CT 06040
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Shifts may vary between the following business hours: Monday - Thursday: 6:30 AM - 5:30 PM; Friday: 6:30 AM - 3:15 PM
- The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving, and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions
- The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks, and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Carries out standing orders consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures
- Schedules tests, treatments, and follow-up visits on behalf of patients
- In advance of the visit, perform Pre-visit Preparation to confirm that all needed information is available
- Delivers quality customer service/patient care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited MA program
- Medical Assistant Certification (CMA or RMA) or you must be willing to attain that certification within 120 days of the start date
- Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice setting
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- Experience working in one or more of the following specialties: sleep services, pulmonology, cardiology
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push or pull >35 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and / or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Ability to discriminate shades of color when reading dipstick
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.