Medical Assistant Senior Optum Tri-State
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Optum is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. We believes in giving back to the community and the patients through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Optum is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant Senior to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
Working Schedule: 3 days a week with 12 hour shifts with Alternating weekend shifts and holidays. Flexibility to work and travel to nearby Urgent Care Centers as needed.
Urgent Care hours: 7:45am-8:00pm, 7 days a week.
- Prepare the patient for the Medical Provider’s examination by obtaining vital signs and patient history
- Prepare and maintains the examination and treatment areas
- Prepare the patient for and assisting with the examination
- Prepare the patient for and assisting with procedures and treatments
- Maintain medication and immunization records
- Perform sterilization techniques
- Performing all Occupational services to all patients and ensuring follow-up to clients providing all necessary documentation
- Perform an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Accurate completion of daily, weekly, and monthly checklist
- Accurate completion and documentation of all quality control testing
- Understand proper function and care of special equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment
- Organize and maintains medical records
- Cooperate with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, RMG Medical Assistants are also responsible for certain follow-up with patients, such as ensuring specialist appointments are scheduled and referrals are prepared
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Complete all new-hire clinical competencies within 90 days of start-date. Complete new clinical competencies rolled out by the Educational Committee
- Maintain and provide proof of valid CMA license to United Health Group on an annual basis
- Perform sterilization techniques, EKG, Nebulizer, Splinting, and other support tasks requested by Provider
- Administer injections and collect specimens
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals, answer calls and complete paperwork as needed
- Greet all patients upon entering the Urgent Care Center
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- Obtain patient signatures for required documents
- Upload a valid Government issued state ID of patient and patient insurance cards
- Accurate and complete occupational medicine registration workflow
- File and maintain medical records
- Consistently correct registration work queue errors
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified via Spark regarding Employee Policies
- Work cohesively with fellow RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
- Comfortable working in high pace environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain, RMG will reimburse
- Certified Urine Drug Screen, Breathe Alcohol, and Hair Collection within 90 days of onboarding. Training is provide by Optum
- Certified in Phlebotomy
- 2+ years of back office Medical Assistant experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.