Senior Administrative Assistant
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function provides a wide variety of administrative support to one or more departments, executives and/or managers. Assists in the adherence to departmental budgets, prepares documents for personnel changes and produces various operating reports for the department served. Serves as the senior administrative and Business Segment liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to Quality department.
- Create/maintain executive calendars/coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Plan and organize logistics of large and/or offsite events, using internal resources as needed
- Host, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings/external events as needed (e.g., introduce speakers; manage PowerPoint deck; ensure time schedules are adhered to; assist with technology; take notes)
- Perform Business Segment Liaison (BSL) activities, as needed (e.g., hardware/software acquisition/disposal, new employee onboarding)
- Communicate/work with vendors to obtain needed information, ensure prices are competitive, and/or identify potential cost savings opportunities
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards and office keys
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
- Creates and modifies various documents and PowerPoints using Microsoft Office
- Enter and submit purchase orders into relevant systems (e.g., ARIBA) to purchase office supplies from pre-approved vendors
- Manage/monitor/procure office supplies, goods and services (e.g., process/reconcile invoices, travel and other expenses, payments, and/or reimbursements)
- Perform emergency response team duties (e.g., Floor Marshal)
- Collaborate with facilities management (e.g., attend meetings; communicate impact) regarding potential changes/improvements to the office environment
- Ensure employees/contractors receive access and guidance with office operations
- Perform emergency response team duties (Eg: Floor Marshal)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Some college coursework or business vocational school education
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Solid attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.