Medical Assistant (MA) - Missouri Baptist Medical Center
Additional Information About the Role
BJC HealthCare is Now Hiring a Full -Time FLOAT Medical Asst (MA) for the Missouri Baptist Medical Center location on Ballas Rd. in St. Louis.
- Day Shift Hours: Monday-Friday (7:30am-4:45pm) – NO WEEKENDS
- Clinical, Front Desk, and Back Office tasks
- Rooming, Documenting, Scheduling appointments, Check-in/Check-out, answering phones, scanning, no blood draws, suture removal
- Full-Time hours
- Floats between different specialties offices within the Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Experienced Registered MA (preferred)
- Flexible, multitask, self-motivated
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible!!!
Why Join Us?
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, supportive, and caring team
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance (cross-train)
[Register to View] " width="84" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96737&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides medical assistance under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider. This position performs select duties for the promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesCleans, prepares and stocks supplies in exam rooms.Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy, electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and injections.Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and present relevant information to provider with correct medical terminology.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsCert/Reg in Area of Expertise