Medical Assistant - Mission Viejo, CA
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this funtion is responsible for assisting providers (MD, DO, NP, PA) and patients in a medical office/clinic or specialty clinic setting. Under the supervision of the provider, the Medical Assistant performs all patient care and/or front office processes. Functions as a liaison between the providers, patients, staff, pharmacies and other facilities. It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their job tasks to the highest level.
- Meet ambulatory Medical Assistant clinical competencies
- Follows protocol for managing prescription refills and medication prior authorizations
- Perform clinical procedures under supervision of a Provider
- Follow standard work for patient care processes
- Maintain effective and organized systems to ensure:
- timely patient flow
- rooms stocked with adequate supplies
- patient information is available in the electronic health record
- maintenance of all logs and required checks
- Implement orders as directed by Provider and licensed care team member(s)
- Ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely: reflecting patients plan of care
- Demonstrate continued development of clinical expertise, current knowledge of healthcare trends, and education related to clinical ambulatory practice
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge and ability
- Knowledgeable and strictly adheres to HIPAA regulations
- Ability and willingness to float to other Optum clinics
- Follows proper reporting protocols for any compliance or incident reporting
- Works collaboratively with Centralized Services to support patient needs
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, maybe defined or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- 1+ years MA experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in an acute care, ambulatory care, or primary care
- Hold and maintain a current/valid California driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certification through a certifying organization, such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Certificate from a California State accredited school
- Staff may be exposed to communicable diseases and appropriate safety precautions may be required
- Subject to the hazards of radiation, women who become pregnant must report their condition promptly to practice manager
- Work involves considerable sitting, standing, walking, bending, cleaning, organizing, and lifting on a daily basis
- Local travel required, as well as possible extended travel
- At Optum, we are committed to helping people live healthier lives and to making the health system work better for everyone. We believe this requires not only great capabilities, expertise and people who are passionate about making a difference, but also a culture that helps us build relationships and do our best work for those we serve.
- We measure our success through the satisfaction of those who expect and deserve our best every day, in every interaction.
- Keeping the people that we serve at center of everything we do is foundational to our Optum Enterprise Strategy.
Reports to: Practice Manager or designee
Direct Reports: No
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment