Medical Assistant - BarnesCare Float
Additional Information About the Role
Come join our team as a full-time Medical Assistant at our BJC Corporate Health location in Midtown This is a rare opportunity to join a great team!
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
- 40-Hours per week
- Day Shift
- Benefit Eligible
- NO CALL, NO WEEKENDS
BJC Corporate Health Services comprises several organizations that share a dedication to creating and maintaining healthy workplaces. Serving hundreds of area employers as well as BJC HealthCare, BJC Corporate Health Services specializes in improving worker health, safety and productivity and reducing costs associated with work-related illness/injury and absenteeism.
The Contract Management group within BJC Corporate Health Services includes positions with direct and indirect patient care responsibilities at the three BarnesCare occupational medicine clinics and on-site services.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides patient care under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider. This position performs select duties for the promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols and procedures.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for patients.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy, electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and injections.
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and present relevant information to provider with correct medical terminology.
- Assists provider by preparing patients for exams, procedures and treatments.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
Licenses & Certifications
Licenses & Certifications
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer