DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity- Penn Primary Care and Specialty Practices
Location- Oxford Valley Medical Plaza, 240 Middleton Blvd, Langhorne, PA
Hours- Full-Time; M-Friday 8am-4:30pm
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the efficient and effective administration of all assigned areas. In this capacity, the incumbent provides administrative support to Hematology Oncology. Using work planning and follow-through skills, the incumbent exercises confidentiality and sensitivity in the performance of highly responsible duties under minimal supervision. Manages calendars, coordinates and schedules education sessions, meetings, and conferences/travel, serves as liaison to external departments, and creates/implements processes for maximum efficiency.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls, taking/routing messages appropriately, and triaging calls when needed. Interacts with all internal and external customers/patients in a professional manner whether on phone or in person.
- Schedules appointments and registers patients in EMR. Ensures all needed records, reports, labs for upcoming patient visit are scanned and loaded appropriately into the EMR.
- Provides administrative support for practice provider(s): calendar management, scheduling meetings (including staff meetings), preparation of materials for distribution. Types, transcribes, edits correspondence, manuscripts, reports, statistics, and other patient care, academic, and administrative documents.
- Maintains supply inventory: ordering of clinical and office supplies, invoice processing.
- Provides administrative support to the physician in their external roles with affiliated networks: intern and residency program, credentials committee, Physician Oncology Advisory Board, oncology CME program, and in quarterly strategic planning meetings to design future projects of the Cancer Center
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED And 2+ years medical office administrative support required
- Bachelor's Degree And 0-1 years previous experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.