Medical Assistant - Oregon Medical Group
$4,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Positions in this function is working to assist OMG providers in providing health care at OMG clinic locations. The Medical Assistant serves the patient and the provider by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner; providing quality patient care and helping to establish rapport between the physician and patient.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment and documents chief complaints
- Obtains patient histories and vital signs and records accurately in the Electronic Medical Record
- Assists with patient exams, procedures and collection of specimens as assigned
- Retrieves laboratory and radiology test results and instructs patients regarding medications and treatment per physician’s instructions
- Understands and interprets current immunization schedule. Administers injections safely
- Stocks supplies and prepares exam rooms and instruments for examinations, testing or minor surgeries
- Responds to incoming phone calls and refers if necessary. Calls patients as necessary to follow up and/or schedule appointments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MA Certification from the AAMA, NCCT, NHA, or RMA required, or the ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire
- Healthcare provider level CPR/BLS certification required, or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Experience with electronic medical record systems
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.